If you are a true lover of Snapchat then you might be maintaining Snapchat Streaks or Snapstreak with your friends. A Snapchat is shown next to your friend’s name with a fire emoji. You will see numbers next to your firend’s name on Snapchat, that show the streak count with your friend. Streak keeps on growing if you exchange snaps with your friends within a period of 24 hours daily.
Snapchat also alerts users if they are about to lose their Snapstreak by showing an hourglass emoji next to their friend’s name. Sometimes, you might lose your Snapchat Streak because of some reason. If this has happened to you and you lost your streak of Snapchat, then no need to worry. In this article, we will help you how to recover your lost Snapchat streak by contacting customer support.
Things to Know Before Recovery of Snapstreak
Before claiming your Streaks on Snapchat, you need to consider a few things.
- Make sure you and your friend have sent Snaps within a period of 24 hours.
- If you send a message, gallery picture or gallery video, then it will not count as Snap.
- A group message from that person will also not count (only an individual snap will count as a proper Snap).
If you have followed all the above rules, then you will get your Streak back easily.
How to Get Streak Back on Snapchat
Follow the below steps to claim back your streak. Make sure you have followed all rules mentioned above.
1. Open the Snapchat app and Log into your account.
2. Go to your Profile by tapping Bitmoji and tap on Settings.
3. In the Support section, tap on “I Need Help” and then select “Snapstreaks“.
4. Here you will see “I lost my Snapstreak” page. Click on “let us know” button to appeal.
5. Now select “I lost my Snapstreak“.
6. Scroll down and you will see a form. You have to fill that form with all correct information like username, email, mobile number, device, and describe the issue in detail in the description box.
7. Once all information is filled, hit the Send button.
If the mistake is from Snapchat ends then you will get your Streak back. But if you or your friend have forgotten to send Snap even after the hourglass emoji appeared, then it will be your fault & it doesn’t matter if your streak is 500 days or 1000days. Maybe, you can also justify yourself in the description box and you can get back the streak but your claim should have some weight. I hope if you lost your Snapstreak, then you will get it back with the above method. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.
Will Snapchat Restore my Streak if I ask for Support Multiple Times?
If your reason is valid and there is no mistakes from your end, then you will get your streaks back even multiple times. Snapchat team respects their very users to maintain the streak.
If I get back the streak by Contacting Support, will other person be notified?
No, they will not be notified and you can continue maintaining your streak from that point.
If you inform Snapchat about your lost streak, will other person also get a notification?
No, other person will not get notified for that.
What doesn’t count as a Snapstreak?
- Chats – You and your Snapstreak chat will not be counted as a streak.
- Group chat – Your and your streak partner group chats will also not be included. Only individual snaps will be count.
- Memories – Sharing memories with your friend will also not be counted as a streak.
- Spectacles – If you use Snapchat Spectacles to send content to your Snapchat partner, then it will not be counted as a Streak interaction.
- Stories – Adding stories to Snapchat will not be counted as a streak even if your streak partner has watched this.