How to Turn on Dark Mode on Snapchat
Snapchat is a popular app for exchanging photos and brief videos. Snapchat now has over 319 million users worldwide.
If you’ve had a smartphone for a while, you’ve probably seen that many applications have adopted dark mode or dark themes over time. The business did not begin sending out the dark mode functionality to iOS customers until May 2021.
On either side, Android users are still waiting for a formal launch. On Android, though, there are a couple methods for activating it. In this post, we’ll look at how to activate dark mode on Android and iOS phones.
How to Change Snapchat to Dark Mode on iOS and Android:
The dark mode is a popular feature among smartphone users since it is easier on the eyes and is preferred in low light. It’s straightforward on the iPhone and much more difficult on Android, but still theoretically possible.
This article will share some simple instructions for Snapchat users who wish to utilize the photo-sharing software in dark mode on both iOS and Android smartphones.
Enable Dark Mode on your iPhone:
For Snapchat iPhone users, Snapchat now includes a dark mode. It’s also a lot easier for iPhone users to switch it on and have a stress-free selfie session than it is for Android users.
- To begin, tap your bitmoji in the upper-left corner to access your profile page.
- By pressing the gear symbol, you can enter the settings menu.
- Scroll down to App Appearance at the bottom of the page.
- Match Framework, Always Dark, or Always Light are the three alternatives.
- When you choose Always Light, Snapchat will always use light mode, whereas choosing Always Dark will always use dark mode.
- The app are in sync with your smartphone’s system preferences if you select Match System.
This implies that if you have Dark Mode enabled on your phone, Dark Mode will also be enabled on Snapchat. If you disable the functionality on your iPhone, Snapchat’s dark look will be erased.
Enable Dark Mode on your Android:
Android has tried Dark Mode, but it has not yet been released. Thankfully, there is a workaround that allows you to use Snapchat in Dark Mode.
- Activate Developer Mode on your Android phone.
- To get started, click to Settings, then Display.
- Then choose Dark Mode, which will give your entire phone, including apps, a dark theme.
- Return to Settings as well as scroll all the right down to the section under “About Phone.”
- Select Software Information, and then repeatedly hit the Build Number button. You must have then switched to Developer mode.
- Then go to Settings and Developer Tools, where you’ll find a Force Dark Mode tab.
- Snapchat will now run in Dark Mode if the “on” setting is selected.
You may enable the Dark theme option on your Android devices by following the instructions listed above. These instructions can work on any android device such as Oppo, Vivo, Oneplus, Redmi Samsung, as well as other Android smartphones.
So this is all from us about turning on the Dark mode or Night Mode on Snapchat. In 2022, Snapchat will be one of the few prominent social media applications that do not support dark themes for Android. These are the simplest methods for turning on Snapchat’s Dark Mode.
For iPhone users, the process is quite simple. Android users can either use the 3rd Party App or take the more time-consuming route indicated above.
Which do you think is the most effective strategy to put dark mode on Snapchat? While we hope the firm can quickly turn things around or you can also contact Snapchat support regarding this topic, we hope this tutorial has given you an early taste of the functionality. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Snap Authority or comment below.
Why is Snapchat’s forced dark mode not working?
Snapchat’s newest releases no longer support system-wide forced dark mode or black mode through Developer Options. With the newest versions of Snapchat, you may utilize the per-app forced dark theme workaround available on some Oppo, Vivo, and OnePlus phones.
Why isn’t Snapchat’s dark mode available to me?
Make sure you have the most recent version of Snapchat installed on your iOS device to use dark mode. To obtain the dark look on Snapchat, Android users will have to wait or apply workarounds.
Is there an official Snapchat dark theme for Android?
No, Snapchat’s Android app does not have an official dark theme. Workarounds can be used to force dark mode on Snapchat.